Hi, we are Bitsika. We’re a mobile app that creates connections between multiple currencies like GHS, NGN, XOF/XAF, BUSD, USD and BTC. We basically enable you to instantly move swiftly between any of these currencies wherever you are in the world. We also allow for issuing virtual cards and making bill payments. Website / demo. We’ve help many customers and businesses expand their horizon of how far their business can reach in Africa; something their banks could not do. We strive to keep pushing more financial services to our ever growing user-base every quarter. As we continue to grow by the thousands weekly, our technical demands have grown accordingly.
Our team is remote, with most (all, actually) of our employees coming out of Ghana and Nigeria. Distance has never stopped us. Our company culture is built around friendships, informality and a deep sense of collaboration. Working at Bitsika feels more like working on a class group project than in a company. And just like a class project, we’re always able to get a lot done in any allotted time. Everyone on our team is also incredibly funny.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. We are looking for someone with a recent track record of building and maintaining complex infrastructure within AWS (Amazon Web Services). You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to continue growing with the experience of working with talented engineers and helping others improve.
We’re looking for someone who…
1. Lives in Ghana or Nigeria.
2. Preferably has experience scaling projects or working at a fast-paced startup (with AWS).
3. Has at least 3 years experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) – Beanstalk, ECS, DynamoDB, SQS and many other AWS features.
4. Has a strong portfolio or GitHub profile showing experience scaling complex projects with AWS.
5. Has experiences designing system architecture that large, complex projects will run on.
6. Has at least 3 years experience and senior familiarity with PHP / Laravel, Linux systems and Git.
7. Has experience scaling SQL databases for millions of records.
What’s expected of you.
1. Hands on configuration, setup & maintaining our staging and production environments.
2. Collaborate with engineers on monitoring & debugging solutions.
3. Be part of on-call support.
4. Automate yourself and others out of common tasks.
5. Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
6. Learn and push those around you to do the same – this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
7. Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
8. Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to build great things; you are not a “rockstar” but a team player that takes initiative.
1. Experience working with containerization technologies including Docker, Helm and Kubernetes.
2. Good understanding of Monitoring systems.
3. Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins).
4. Experience securing cloud environments.
5. Network & Infrastructure Security.
What we dont want.
1. We don’t like egos. If you have an ego, please just don’t apply. You’ll be fired after a week.
2. We don’t like arrogance.
3. We don’t like childishness. We want you to respect the place and people where you work.
4. Hard rule: we don’t want people who are here just to do their job and get paid. We want people who want to build the future of payments in Africa. People who wanna build something, look back and say “we did that shit”. If you just wanna work and get paid, please don’t apply.
Things to note.
1. Role is remote. You will never have to report or commute to an office.
2. Role is open to people in Ghana (GMT) and Nigeria (WAT).
3. Monthly salary is $1000.
4. You need a strong working laptop and fast internet connection to apply for this role.
1. Send a short email about yourself and why you are best for the job . This is the core of the application. Don’t fuck it up.
2. Add at most 3 very relevant links showing your work.
3. Add one-page resume/CV.
4. Keep your email to 4 paragraphs at most.
5. Email subject should read “Senior DevOps Dev”.